Aadhaar Enrollment Centers
What is Aadhaar?
Aadhaar Centers in Hyderabad Aadhaar Centers in Mumbai Aadhaar Centers in Pune
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique number which the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will issue for all residents in India. The number will be store basic demographics and biometric information – photograph, ten fingerprints and iris – of each individual in a central database.
Aadhaar will be Easily verifiable. Unique and robust enough to eliminate the large number of duplicate and fake identities in government and private databases. A random number generated, devoid of any classification based on caste, creed, religion and geography.
* It is a 12 digit number, not only a card
* It is for every individual, including infants. Means each individual of family will have separate Aadhaar UID number
* It enables identification and is for every resident. It doesn’t establishes citizenship and is not only for Indians.
* Getting Aadhaar is voluntary, not mandatory
* It is for every resident, irrespective of existing documentation. Means individuals without identification documents can also get Aadhaar.
* Each individual will be given a single unique Aadhaar ID number. One cannot have multiple Aadhaar numbers.
* Aadhaar UID number can be used by ration card, passport or any ID based application. It will not replace other ID’s.
* UID Authority of India will give ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response for any identification authentication queries. Other information will not be accessible to public and private agencies.
- Great potential for not-so-privileged, poor and the marginalised people, mostly living in the rural areas
- Clear proof of identity
- Facilitate entry for poor and underprivileged residents into the formal banking system
- Opportunity to avail services provided by the government and the private sector
- Giving migrants mobility of identity
- Financial inclusion with deeper penetration of banks, insurance and easy distribution of benefits of government schemes.
- Who can get an Aadhaar?
- An individual who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can get an Aadhaar.
- Let’s join and work together to make UID number a powerful tool and enabler in various fields.